This past weekend the McIntosh family went skiing for the very first time! It was SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!
Some friends of ours invited us, along with four other couples (for a total of six couples and 12 kids!!!) up to a house they rented in Harbor Springs. First of all - the house was GORGEOUS! Right on Lake Michigan in Harbor and just amazing! The view was to die for. This would be an awesome place to rent in the summer for sure!!! But, as it was, we enjoyed it just as well in the winter. The lake was still just as amazing to look out on.... and the house itself was worthy of staying inside and enjoying!!!!
We arrived Friday and spent an evening hanging, baking, cooking and drinking with the entire crew! The kids enjoyed the ping pong table, playing Just Dance, doing gymnastics and playing all sorts of hide and seek games. Three days was the perfect amount of together time to have no fights or issues arise!
Saturday we got up and made a big breakfast together, but by about noon we were out at Nubs Nob renting our skis and getting excited to hit the slopes! Okay - the slope. The bunny hill to be exact. How nice is it that the "beginner area" is totally free????!!! For right around $50 the entire family just rented our equipment and skied for free! Even Luke donned the skis - I was so proud of him!
Ally was hesitant at first and got extremely frustrated. Thank god for another dad (Rich) to the rescue. One of the dads along with us was a great skier and an even better teacher! He waved us parents away and just took Ally with him. He worked with her on flat ground... teaching her how to fall, how to get up when she fell and the basics for how to hold her body, legs and maneuver her skis. Then, he gave her no choice... took her on the lift and up they went!
She came down the hill, falling a few times... but kept at it... and instantly fell in love. Once she was settled, Rich came over and took me under his wing. He pretty much gave ME no choice either... up the lift I went. Can I first say I don't even like the ski lift? I am not a fan of heights? ;-)
But, after 7 or 8 falls down the hill the first time... and only a couple the second and third.... I was absolutely exhilarated and beyond proud of myself that I DID IT!!!!!!!!
That night, we all ate and drank some more and basked in the glow of a great day out skiing. Enjoying Michigan winter - for one of the first times in my life! I am just so damn excited that our family has found something new to enjoy together and I hope we keep it going... and do some more skiing next winter!!
What an amazing weekend!!!!!
















2 comments:
Smiles all round...looks great...but no thanks, I am not a fan of ski lifts either!
"The bunny hill to be exact." Too funny! That would be me, too. Sounds like a great weekend!!
Post a Comment