Monday, March 11, 2013

Mission Possible...

So, while everyone was thrilled to Spring Forward this weekend... it made for an EARLY start to the McIntosh Family's Sunday morning!

Ally had to check in for her meet in Howell at 8:00 am. Which really "felt like" 7:00 am.  Which meant we had to leave by 6:30 am. Which really "felt like" 5:30 am. Wanna guess what time I got UP?  5:00 am, which you guessed it... "felt like" 4:00 am.

And... we had a couple's shower the night before for some friends getting married... so we got home around midnight... and I got less than four hours of sleep!  YIKES!

At least the kids got more sleep as we had a sitter come to the house and make sure Ally was in bed nice and early. She may not have been asleep... but she was at least resting and working toward sleep!

Somehow we pulled it all off and the early start didn't seem to affect us, at least for the morning and early afternoon that we had to get through.  We made it right on time (early even!) and Ally was excited for another meet!  This meet was called "Mission Possible" and they even got leotards at this meet that read that.  Ally was pretty pumped for that. 

The girls started their rotation on floor. Again. This is the third meet our girls have begun on floor!  It's a good one to get the jitters out I think.  Ally did well.  A little skip after her front tuck pass... but that's about it.  She scored an 8.75 (which I've learned is good at this level - we aren't in the olympics here!)

Next up was vault. Ally hates vault and it shows.  8.1  I am just glad she survived it and didn't get hurt.

Bars were next in line.... Ally has really learned to like bars this year.  She has struggled with them in the past... but I think her upper body strength and ability to get stronger up top is improving and that makes it a bit more fun for her!  She did really well, scored an 8.25.

Last was beam.  Ally's strongest and most loved event.  The girl that went before Ally had a rough routine and Ally had to stand and wait a LONG time before her turn.  I had a bad feeling about that.  And I was right. My girl fell twice on beam..... and at the end of her routine, after the second fall, even though she was facing away from me... I knew she was already in tears. 

My heart broke for her... but I knew she needed to finish and not get hurt.  She pulled it off and stuck her dismount....  with two falls (a 0.5 deduction for each) and a start value of 9.0 - she still scored a 7.95... which means everything else she did was close to perfect.  I had a gymnast sitting next to me explaining it all.

She walked over to the gaggle of girls who instantly showed their support and love for her. Even her bestie, Cara... who was up next... took a moment to hug her. I love that girl. She is Ally's most amazing friend in every way. She is a wonderful girl and a genuinely amazing person. Her entire family is that way and we are blessed to call them all friends.

A few tears.... and she was okay. She didn't medal in any event... but was still amazing and gracious to those girls who did.  Cara medaled on every event and all around.  Cara's big sister was first all around for her level (higher than Ally's).  And Ally's team took third...... so a trophy was awarded to them. Ally's coach handed it to her... told her to take it home and bring it to the gym with her Tuesday.  Each time the team wins a trophy, someone is selected to do that.

That made my girls' day.

It was a great meet.  The team did amazing. Winning so many medals. And my girl was even more amazing... as she is always the biggest winner to me.  Life lessons learned.  Always.

Never. Ever. Give up.  

Ever.



Link to routines (minus beam cuz my phone died):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNt-UAxfn5c










2 comments:

Biz said...

Love the photobomb on the last picture! Go Ally!

Kathy said...

She's a trooper! Love you Ally!!!!