Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spring... Spring.... Where ARE You???

Seriously... this lack of REAL spring is CRAP!  It is FREEZING outside.  It's a struggle each morning to convince Ally it is indeed cold enough to warrant wearing a winter coat... but NO... she would rather freeze and I guess I don't blame her. I am kinda over my winter clothes too. I put the wool and such away cuz at this point it's April and a fashion no-no... so instead I am layering the cottons.... still require a scarf... totally wore my Uggs in and out of the office yesterday... this is just ridiculous!!!!

We probably won't see spring at all.  One day, it will just be in the 80s and summer will be here. Sigh... it just comes on us so quick!  No 50s, then 60s, then 70s.  What I wouldn't give for the 60s.

I am taking inventory of the kids spring and summer wardrobes and trying to order what is needed.  Today, I placed a sizable order for Luke since everything is on sale plus I have rewards points and an extra 25% off...... I am feeling good about getting him 7 shirts and 6 pair of shorts for $90!!  I have to get him things with and adjustable waist so it's pretty much Gymbo and Gap for him... I haven't been liking much at Target these days anyway.  He can wear most of his shorts from last year too... we just needed a few more... and of course, all new shirts.  He is a funny little size... long waisted, so he needs 4's on top... and can wear 2's on bottom.  I ordered 3's though... hoping they will adjust to what he needs and maybe last.  Maybe.  ;-)

Ally is another story. She has to be with me... and we have gotten her a few things here and there.  She's the girl I just will grab things for all the season through. Kinda like me.  ;-)  Luke I just get all at once and unless something amazing catches my eye... he's done.  Such a difference between boys and girls.

I am so excited for his Easter outfit and can't wait to share pics with you.  Fingers crossed that he will wear it.... cuz he is picky, picky, picky about what goes on his body. I will have to give him a pep talk and bribe him with ten kinds of candy to wear the hat... of that I am certain... but it is so cute... it will be worth it.

Ally agreed, some time ago, to wear the same dress she wore for the Daddy/Daughter dance for Easter and is now regretting that promise, as she wants something new.  Life is really hard for the girl.  :-) I try not to say things like that to her.

As I said yesterday... things are still pretty difficult with her.  Maybe more so.  It seems as if things are getting worse by the day, but I am trying, trying, trying to remain positive and work at it.  A good daily cry alone in the bathroom gets me through.... and we will continue to work with her therapist.  I am focusing on the good and positive in my life when I am outside of the really bad moments with her... and when I am there... I try not to look back.  Hard to do my friends.  Hard.  To.  Do.

Hope you are all having wonderful weeks... and looking forward to your Easter weekend with friends, family or some peace in your own home!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I hate our springs too. I can handle winter... its winter. Snow is expected. Cold is expected. But I'm with you on the gradual change... it'd be nice for it to warm up slowly and then be summer... to experience a "true" spring... instead of some teases, a day of summer, some teasing, a day of winter and then some cold thrown in there and then some teasing again. GAHHH!

Children's Place has adjustable shorts, too... most of its pretty cute, too. Hudson needs the adjustable waist and even then they still fall off him (he's wearing 3T too... he still fits into 2's but most are getting too short for him). We should get these boys together sometime! They need a new "twin" picture HAHA!