Friday, Ally had a friend come home with her for a sleepover! I found out her family was going to be staying out of town for her older brother's basketball game and she was bummin' about missing a big movie premier on Disney, so I offered for her to stay with us. It turned out to work perfect! I brought the girls home... and we got ready for an Easter Art Event - A "Kids' Night Out" event. Perfect..... if only Luke were old enough! When he's four, he will be... we are almost there!!! So, Ally and Kennedy had dinner with other kids... and created a cool art project, while Scott, Luke and I had dinner with Scott's parents. An almost adult night out. Luke was really, really good.... and easy enough for four adults to manage.
After we finished dinner and the art projects, we busted home so the girls could watch the movie, Lemonade Mouth on Disney. This was a big deal among 8 year olds. I popped popcorn for them, they drank lemonade (of course!) and they sat downstairs on the pull out bed... and watched that movie, and other shows all night long into the wee hours of the night..... good girlie times.
Saturday, the girls went to the Library and then, over the school to play on the huge playground there. We then, went out to lunch and all took Luke to see his very first movie, Rio!!!!
He was pretty excited and did SO well! He still gets antsy and can't sit through an entire movie, but Scott and I were there and we were able to handle him pretty well. Two on one parenting is so easy! Ally was sitting somewhere else with Kennedy. Too cool to sit with mom and dad and her dumb brother. :-))))))))After the movie, Scott took the kids and they took Kennedy home much to Ally's dismay. They then went home and discovered our freezer wasn't cold. At first he just thought it was the freezer and I think it took us to the next day to realize it was the fridge too. Ugh. Suckage. They had a great night anyway... at some steaks that had "defrosted" and played board games... since Mommy went out. :-) I went and picked up Kristen and we headed to meet our friend Chelsea, her sister Erin and her step-mom, Terry for dinner in Novi. Chelsea's Dad had just had surgery on benign brain tumor... a very successful surgery at that! So, we were happy to be able to go out and celebrate a bit with them! We went to Andiamo and had a wonderful meal, wine and yummy dessert!!
Sunday morning, we got up and threw breakfast together... we had saved a few things and put the milk and other items in the downstairs little beverage fridge that we have in the kitchenette down there. Then we got ready and decided that we would all go to church........... usually just Ally and I go as Luke isn't so great at being quiet or sitting still. But, the movie had gone so well, so we were feeling brave. Little did we recall that the movie went so well because of the ratio. Two parents. One child. This time, Ally was there too... and we all know Ally doesn't take well to Scott and I paying too much attention to Luke... so, off I went into the child room at church... and tried to manage Luke. He calmed down to the point of falling asleep in my lap... so honestly, I enjoyed mass! I got to peacefully hold my sleeping little man while Scott managed Ally. ;-) Ally is REALLY good in mass... she goes with school weekly and frankly, loves it... and she has the child liturgy, so is only with us for half of it. It was nice to ALL be able to go as a family, even if we didn't sit together. Hopefully, we can do the same for Easter next week!
After mass, we went out to eat at Finley's....
Then took a little trip over to the mall cuz I wanted to look at something for Luke to wear for Easter. I thought I had something, but I underestimate his size sometimes. :-) So, off we went to grab something. The kids saw the Easter Bunny... and while, Ally has never had any interest in seeing Bunnies or Santas.... Luke desperately wanted to! So, we waited in line.... and because her little brother was gonna do it... Ally was too....
They were pretty cute... they both hugged the bunny and gave him "high fives." :-) Luke was giddy and Ally just played along, having never really cared about such things before. She's an old soul that one... hard for her to be a true kid and just enjoy those little things that kids usually do. I'm glad she went along for Luke, and in the process of it... seemed to have some joy herself......
I won't talk about how we went home and Ally had a fit for hours... and I had to leave the house just to pull it together.... I will end on a good note.... cuz when I look back on our weekend, I only remember those things. :-)








1 comment:
Sounds like you have a good handle on dwelling on the positive. Lots of kids activities and a little Mommy-time thrown in there...you are amazing!
Post a Comment