Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time....

It really is. As crazy busy as it all is.... it's only as busy as we make it....  ya know?  I love Christmas. I am starting a new job in a brand new business too. That makes for a little bit crazier time. Not gonna lie.  But, it's all so worth it and so amazing.

I haven't posted a lot lately. That's just my way of prioritizing I guess.  Can't do it all.  Been working a lot on learning new things related to the new job.  New software systems.  Patients.  New routine.  Trying to get Christmas gifts in order.  Cards written out. A birthday party planned for a very special five year old.  Constant balancing act and I do pretty well if I do say so myself.  Work hard and we play hard.

I had a great birthday. Played hard with some good friends.  Had a lovely dinner with family. This past weekend we did some playing too. Scott had his annual work Christmas dinner at Daryl's.  We had some friends' parties to hop around to on Saturday.  Good, good times.

We did the tree and decorating with the kids on Sunday. It was a great day.  We got a great tree.... our cheapest ever!!!  Ally chose it. It's not perfect.  It's nothing like what we usually get... but it is a wonderful tree.


I didn't take any pictures of us actually decorating the tree... at all.  I guess I was just too busy enjoying the time.  The house looks lovely and festive now.  Just enough clutter that I can stand it.  I love putting it all up as much as I love taking it all down and starting new again in the new year.  This is a great time of year.

I have many gifts purchased and ready for anyone not my kid. Still working on the kids. God bless the internet. As much as I try to shop local... and I really do... you still have to rely on Amazon sometimes.  Scott and I still need to do our annual pilgrimage to the Toy House together to pick some things out though.... he's off all next week and I hope we can finalize it all then. I am a bit of a procrastinator if you didn't know.  ;-)

Okay... just wanted to write for a minute.  Have to finish up a few things and then get to work on mailing out the cards I have finally finished this morning... and run a few errands. There's a bit of snow on the ground today. It's lovely.

Happy happy day everyone.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Enjoy the madness...I always did!
Make time for yourself....
Indulge in the gooodies...
Cherish the moments...
Time, It really does fly fast...

Love,
Mom