Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I'm Still Alive....

I know you were all wondering.... but I am indeed, still alive.  :-)  It's been a busy month.... and on top of it all, the entire McIntosh household minus Ally, got a nasty, nasty bug. Maybe the flu. Maybe just a terrible cold. Who knows.  One by one, we all fell exactly two days apart.  Scott started with it the day we traveled home from Naples. Day one gives you a dry, hacking cough. Day two and three, you have a fever and your entire body hurts so bad you want to die. Days four through ten you are still sick, though getting better every day, with cold symptoms. Today, day eleven, is the first day I can say I am really, really getting better!  And I am OH SO THANKFUL!

I know I dropped the ball on posting about my daily thanks. I kept it up on Facebook for the most part I believe. Only missing a day when I was delirious with fever.  It has been a month to be thankful for really. Scott and I so enjoyed our trip to Florida. It was one of the best times we have had together on a trip. There was just something about it that was slightly wonderful and magical. I am so glad we take the time to do that... to get away. We come home feeling like a whole new couple and ready to take on what life throws at us. In this case, the illness from hell....  ;-)

I feel like I lost an entire week with all of us being sick.  On top of it all..... I am leaving my job!  Yes, you heard me right.... I am leaving Consumers after more than 13 years!  It's been wonderful, but it's time for a change and the right opportunity came at the right time, so I have to sieze the moment!

I am going to work for our Chiropractor and good friend, Dr. Scott Manchester. He is opening an office here in Jackson (previously in Brooklyn) and he asked if I would come help him with the office side of things... so he could do what he does best... be a chiropractor!  I cannot wait to help him make this new venture as successful as possible and interact with people once again. No one believes in the power of chiropractic care more than me as he kinda saved my life about a year ago when I was super sick. He keeps my kids healthy... and it's such a happy, positive environment I can't wait to be a part of it!

This is my last week at Consumers. Friday, being my last day. My co-workers are sending me off in style.... we are having a bash Friday after work, downtown.... starting at the Crazy Cowboy. Should you find yourself in need of a great group of people to do a shot-ski or two with... come on out!  ;-)

It's exciting, scary, sad and amazing all rolled into one. I am beyond blessed to have had the time I had at Consumers and just as blessed to have this new opportunity! I can't wait to get started!!!

This is also birthday week!  It started out on a low note, as I was feeling sick and blue, but as I feel my strength returning, I am getting excited about celebrating another birthday with family and friends all week long!

Just wanted to post quick to let anyone out there know I live.... if anyone is out there.  I hope you all had wonderful Thanksgivings and are getting excited as we gear up for a wonderful Christmas season! It's the most wonderful time of the year!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Glad to know that you still consider it the Most Wonderful Time of the year, as it is!!!!!