It's November and once again I am stating something I am thankful for each and every day. I have been good about keeping it up on Facebook, but remiss about blogging each day! So, here I am..... playing catch up! Bear with me as I quickly summarize the first 6 days of the month!
Day One: "Today I am thankful for answered prayers and good news for good friends"
Our good friends received news that their godson was going home. The charges against the Giroux family were completely dropped as there were no grounds for such bull.... all's well that ends well as my dear boy Luke would say (his favorite phrase for some reason lately!) but it was still a terrifying time. Brody is home safe and sound and the family can finally begin to heal after the loss of their daughter and sister.
Day Two: "Today I am thankful for friends... especially those with birthdays and those with exciting life changes"
Life is truly wonderful when shared with friends. I am blessed with wonderful friends all around. Friends I have made through my children's school. Friends that have children who are friends of of my children and make for perfect times when we all get together. Some of my favorite friend gatherings include the whole fam damily. What is better? I have wonderful friends that I have had since childhood... since high school... since college. I have family that are best friends. I am blessed with an abundance of friends and I love sharing life with them!
Day Three: "Today I am thankful I live right here in Jackson, MI"
I am. Sometimes it sucks. There's no great mall or shopping. Sometimes the people get on my nerves... as I long for the diversity a larger community offers.... but the truth is this: I wouldn't have it any other way. My family is here. My husband's family is here. We are rooted here and we aim to grow right here where we are planted. We have made the best of Jackson... we have embedded ourselves in the community and made the best of friends here. We love our school. We love and try hard to support our local businesses. We are investing both financially and emotionally in our little city and getting the most out of life right here!
Day Four: "I am thankful the political ads are almost over"
Self explanatory.
Day Five: "I am thankful I have the right to vote"
It doesn't matter who you vote for. I don't care to know. I don't care to argue. I have my feelings, you have yours. Believe it or not... I actually respect your opinion. I hope you respect mine. But, sometimes silence is the best choice....
No matter what... we are blessed with the opportunity, privilege and right to vote. We are blessed to live in this country. I am truly thankful....
So, here we are! I'm all caught up! Hopefully I will do a better job of sharing my thanks. I love this month. I love writing each day about something so positive and uplifting. Three years ago, when I started this tradition, it changed my life. I don't say that lightly either. It did. I constantly look for the good in situations now. Reasons to be thankful are all around us. I now know how to focus on that.....
There are so, so many reasons for me to give thanks. There are just as many for you too!
1 comment:
You are so right...a positive outlook is the only way to go! Thankful to have a wonderful daughter like you!
Post a Comment