We had, hands down, our best Halloween yet. I took the day off work so I could be at both the kids' parties at school. Luke's was at 9:00 am and Allys' was at 1:45 pm. I have some great pics from the school parties on my "real camera"... I will get those off someday. Not making any promises. ;-)
Luke's party was adorable. Who can resist 26 four year olds dressed up?? They made treat bags, ate some yummy food, played "Hallowingo" (Halloween Bingo), and paraded all over the school through each and every classroom. I love this parade tradition. Only the Kindergarteners have historically been allowed to dress up at school and they parade. Now that we have a preschool, they join in the fun! Luke is so lucky to have a big sister and gets lots of love along the way. :-)
In between the parties, I headed over to my Mom's -- where I was served a super yummy lunch of homemade chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese! It was a lovely break in my day. The calm in the crazy fun storm!!!!
Got back to school and helped out with Ally's party. They played games, did a craft and, of course, ate food. I took fruit and was impressed at how much they ate. Healthy choices before a sugar filled evening!!!! They all got gift bags.... and everyone had a great time. Nothing like a school party. I don't care how many teachers hate them. I get it... it's disruptive.... but they will also be some of the best memories for those kids!
After school, we busted over to my office.... where a Halloween Party was underway and trick or treating in all the offices was occurring. Love this. Indoor trick or treating! The kids got more candy than they needed as we were some of the last to go through. Everyone emptied their bowls into my kids bags! They didn't even NEED to go out later that night! At all! But.... of course, we did....
We busted over to our friends' house... were a gaggle of Ally's girlfriends and parents were gathering for dinner. Homemade mac and cheese, hot dogs and lots of yummy treats. Hot apple cider with something special added for the adults. ;-)
We all ate quickly and then, bundled up to go door to door. It was cold, but we made the most of it! We had a really great time.....
The girls (and Luke!) came back and exchanged their candy. That part cracked me right up. I sat bundled in a blanket with a glass of wine and enjoyed their negotiations.
Yay for Halloween... and like I said before.... long live childhood!!!











No comments:
Post a Comment