Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Countdown has Begun....

Summer break is officially four weeks away....four more weeks of school.... less than that now really, since it's already Tuesday!  ;-)  Ally is done. Her mind is already on vacation. I can just tell she's burned out. Ready for break. Ready to rest and have some fun. I can respect that.

For Luke, school is just an opportunity to play. I think he will actually miss it a lot.  But, the kids are excited about the opening of the pool in just a couple weeks... and we are all looking forward to a change in schedule.  And, by the end of summer, you will read that I am SO READY for the kids to go back to school.  Just wait for it.............  ;-)

Right now, we are looking forward to so much... and I am feverishly planning, cuz that's what I do!  I am trying to figure out who will watch my kids all summer... how we will get them to and fro.  It's no small task!  I need to find out if Scott's parents would be willing to take them on a day or two. It's complicated because Ally has gymnastics all summer on Mondays and Wednesdays.  From noon to 2pm. Smack dab in the middle of two of my three work days.  I cannot shift my days this summer because I have a standing Monday meeting that cannot be moved. Sucks.

So, that means, we probably need to hire someone to come to the house Monday, that is willing to drive Ally to the gym and pick her up at 2 each day.  I have some options. Fingers crossed.  Hopefully, things will work out for the kids to go to my in-laws on Tuesdays... and then, Wednesdays, maybe Luke can go there again, and Ally will go to day camp at the Club because golf is Wednesday mornings. She will do a half day of camp there, and then, Scott and I will have to take turns getting her on our lunch hour from camp to gymnastics.  I plan to make Wednesday my "short" day and get her by 2. 

Three days of some craziness each week...... then, four days of "whatever!"  No schedule for the rest of the week..... and I don't have to work.

Really looking forward to this shift.  The kids were a freakin' disaster this morning. There are really no words to describe it. And this time, Luke was the worst of the bunch.  He just woke up angry...and never stopped yelling. I had to get him dressed while he yelled at me. And then, he went out the door, still yelling...... a complete shit way to start your day.

Ally started out rough. She marches right into my bathroom and starts in on how she hates her hair.  She hates that everyone else has smooth, straight hair and hers is curly and frizzy and we have to put product in it.

Lord give me strength.

Luckily she got over herself. I think she was so shocked by Luke's actions of the morning. At one point, she was even attempting to calm Luke.  A rare occurrence since she usually enjoys getting him all worked up.

I resisted the urge to tell her he was simply acting like she does on a daily basis.  Look at my superior parenting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;-)

Scott cannot wait for the school year to end.  It pretty much means he gets to get up and get himself to work.  Life gets cushy for the Daddy. (slight exaggeration here!) If someone comes to our house on Mondays, we don't even have to wake the kids.  That is luxurious!  Tuesdays, they might just go to Nana's in their PJ's.  What a concept? And well, Wednesday we will have to get Ally dressed..... but one day a week ain't bad.  ;-)

I really am excited for the summer. I am just excited for it to be warm. For meals out on the deck. For drinks out on the deck!  Walks. Pool time. Happy kids playing OUTSIDE.  Bikes and scooters.  Driveway chalk and basketball hoops.  I love going home on days like today and having the kids change and turn around and run back outside. Lovely.  Just lovely.

Remind me of how much I anticipated this summer come July/August when my kids have had enough togetherness............... remind me and hand me a drink. :-)

Bring on the summer.........

No comments: