Friday, August 12, 2011

Selena Gomez....

On Wednesday, August 10... I finally got to tell Ally the biggest secret I've ever kept from her.  The longest I've ever NOT shared something I was so excited about.... the suspense was killing me!!!!

Some time ago, some other moms and I conspired to take our daughters to the Selena Gomez concert at DTE Energy Music Theater in Clarkston.  The girls love their Selena... and I have been wanting, for some time, to introduce Ally to the concert experience. Music is a pretty big part of all of our lives around here... and her Daddy and I love concerts... I am slightly obsessed myself... and I had a feeling Ally would feel the same way.

So, we made the rounds and picked girls up and pretended like we were just having a special night out and dinner in Ann Arbor..... we all met up to carpool, and that's where we told the girls what was really going down that evening. There were many screams and much jumping up and down.... and off we went (after just a little mishap with some locking keys and tickets in the car and a call to AAA - what's an event without a mishap?).

The drive was long. Traffic was a bitch. But, we made it and attempted to secure seats.  The lawn was over-packed! We ended up at the top of the hill on this new deck area they have built... and it was PERFECT! The girls could see really well over all the people on the law.  It turned out to be the best spot in the house (well, unless you were in the first 20 rows or so!).

We grabbed food and drink and the show began... we didn't have to wait long.... I must admit, I spent most of the evening watching Ally's face. I could see in her eyes how I feel when I go to a show. The anticipation of the artist coming onto the stage. The energy. I just loved every moment of it!  She was so, so much fun to watch......... and we had a great night.

The moms had a blast too... nothing like sharing such a fun event with your girls.... a link to a slideshow I made from the evening's pictures!!!



I love being a mom to a little girl that likes to dance and dress up... that loves a good girls' night out... that loves to sparkle.  I was born to be this mom.  :-)

Who says you're not perfect?  :-)


1 comment:

Leslie Collins said...

So cute!!! I cannot wait for stuff like this with the girls. Glad you guys had fun.