The weekend started off slow..... as in, Scott had been working late the entire previous week... and I was alone with my children every freakin' night..... so when he comes home Friday, sick... I felt bad for him... I really did.... but by Saturday, when my children started to lose it and my patience was thin..... I was just downright grumpy!!!!!!!!!
Friday night, we went out with the Dawsons and the Huffs to grab some drinks and wing with all our kids... well, Katie and Jane were each down one kid to even us all out to two each. ;-) It was great to get out... I really needed it after the week I had... but I could tell Scott was NOT feeling well, so that part was a bit of a downer......
Saturday morning, after I slept on the couch to give him space and the bed to himself.... I was not bringing my "A-Game." The kids were anxious to do something... and I was staring down a day of taking care of them alone... so we got the hell out of dodge and went to lunch at Panera and then to see the second Kung Fu Panda. Luke's choice... Ally was less than thrilled, but I saw it as a lesson in "sometimes we all gotta do what we don't want to do!!" ;-) I think she secretly enjoyed the movie, but will never admit it and I will never ask her to.
We went over to Scott's parents that evening because Scott's brother was in town... and Scott could take it easy there... sip his coke... and I could drink some wine. :-) After some wine... and some interaction with adults.... I was almost feeling human again. I love my kids... but I am one who needs adult interaction on a regular basis. Adult support. Adult conversation. And, never forget... the adult beverage. :-)
Sunday morning... Scott was feeling better (thank you sweet baby Jesus!). Ally and I went to church at noon and then, I took her to her friend Kennedy's house where she was going to have a sleepover. I then, had some time alone to grab an iced latte.... and take a breather before I headed home. Grabbed a salad... went home, Luke was napping (he was a GRUMP all weekend, definitely fighting someting, we don't give him naps anymore!) and Scott and I sat on the deck for a couple hours of kid free silence. Lovely!!!
Sunday night we had the fam over for drinks.... oh, and dinner too! ;-) A good time was had by all......
Monday was GORGEOUS!!! So... I planned to take the kids to the pool, while Scott golfed with his dad and brother. Luke and I grabbed Ally and Kennedy and off we went.... pool-bound!!! We got there and it was slow... only four other people there... but it QUICKLY filled up with tons of kids... lots of which Ally knew. We had the best day! We ate chicken fingers and nachos poolside. Drank margaritas and when Daddy joined us.. bloody mary's..... and spent far too long there! The girls and I burned... Luke and Scott spent plenty of time under the umbrella to play it safe.
I barely saw Ally at all the entire day. She only came to find me to say she was hungry or thirsty... and Luke was such a trooper! He was obviously feeling so much better and he loved everything about the place. He went back and forth between the big pool and the kiddie pool... played independently, and just had a ball. I am so happy we joined and thrilled we get to spend our summer at the pool!!!! Bring on summer fun!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment