Sunday, July 11, 2010

Soccer Saturday....

So, Scott got a call from Don this week, asking him if he'd like to play in an alumni soccer game. HAHAHA!!!!  That was pretty much Scott's first response.  He was concerned that he would have a heart attack on the field....  Well, if any of you know Don, you know that he can sell pretty much anything... so let's just say, Scott ended up agreeing to play!

The game was yesterday and Katie and I were pretty pumped to take the kids and laugh at our husbands...... she brought the chairs, I brought the margaritas..... and we met at the Lumen soccer field.  Ahhh... good memories....  :-)  We sat in the shade, my cousin Becky joined us..... and we all talked and tried to keep our kids from running on the field... and drank our yummy beverages......

...... and pretty much forgot to WATCH and laugh at our husbands playing a soccer game!!! HAHA!!!  Every once in a while we would look up...... and Scott was still standing, so I wasn't concerned....  :-)  It was a lot of fun really.....

Ally was in one of her special moods.  Earlier that day, my mom (who is in town from Las Vegas for a couple weeks) took her to see Toy Story 3.  She had popcorn, pop... and I assumed a grand time!!  I pick her up to go to the game.... and she instantly starts yelling at me.... she's mad that Luke has nuggets and a sucker..... we get to the game, and she's mad I didn't bring snacks cuz she's hungry and again she starts in on the sucker Luke still has (he's the slowest sucker eater in all the world!).... I remind her that she had a great time at the movies, with popcorn and pop.... she screams at me "I didn't have POP!  I had SPRITE!  That doesn't even have caffeine in it!"  Katie laughs hysterically. This is her first time witnessing the wrath of Ally.

Everything sets her off..... until finally she joins Donnie (Katie and Don's four year old) across the field and away from me.  Silence. Thank you sweet baby Jesus.  ;-)

She was pretty grumpy when we got home.... and frankly, is still in a mood this morning.  Ugh. She even ASKED to go see Dot again...... that she can't control how she acts..... I feel concerned for this line of thinking/feeling in her.  :-(

I feel that sometimes, the MORE we do with her and for her.... the more angry she becomes. The whole.... "get more, want more" philosophy?  I don't know.......

We have been having a wonderful summer!!!!!!  Really... I know I write a lot about our troubles... and it's not all troubles..... the bad just really stick out and sometimes inspire me to blog!  But there is so much good too.... I have been off a lot!  This week, I only worked one day with the holiday and last week, just one day with Jane's induction and everything that went on that week.... Next week I have to work three whole days and that is going to feel weird and good all at the same time.  :-)

We have had a lot of fun on our new deck and in our backyard.  We have spent more time out there this summer than we have spent in the entire previous seven years living here!  This is no lie!  The kids have a baby pool and a slip and slide out there that they just love.... they love it even more when Mom and Dad get into the act and slip and slide with them.  We've had many meals and ice cream cones out on the new table and chairs and it's been a great summer so far! Luckily, we have a lot more summer to enjoy!

We've also gone out to some friends' house on Mirror Lake a few times this summer to enjoy some lake time..... the kids like it out there....  and it is so nice of them to always invite us out...

So, fun in the sun in our backyard.... out at Mirror Lake and sometimes Duck Lake... and the random Soccer game.....  HA! All-in-all, a good, good summer so far..... here's to a lot more to come!!

No comments: