Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Little Luke-isms.....

Luke is quite the talker these days.  The boy talks on and on and ON! He tells the best stories.  He speaks in quiet tones.  He speaks in demanding tones.... but one thing is for sure... the boy is NOT quiet!  Ally told stories when she was a baby... I will  never forget how she would stand and lecture us in her own language!  Luke's language skills have always been much more advanced than even hers were at the same age.  Some of my absolute favorite phrases of his lately are:
  • "Little bit" - this is a negotiating tactic.  As in "Can I have a chocolate baba mommy?"  When I say "no," he says, "Just a little bit?"  Also imagine blue eyes looking up at you..... melt my heart.
  • "Pap-pap" - he asks me to do this when he wants me to pat him at bedtime. Also used in conjunction with "little bit," as in "Will you pap-pap me a little bit?"  Again with the melting.
  • "I give you a squeeze"
  • "I love you sooooo much!"
  • "Oooooh... too hot!"  Said anytime he sees the sun.... he equates the bright sun to being hot....
  • "Turn on the air mommy" - often said after "too hot"  :-)
  • "Uh oh. I burped" - followed by crazy laughter
  • When asked if he pooped... the answer is ALWAYS no... he hates having his diaper changed and would rather sit around in his own filth all the live-long day
  • "Where Fracie (Grace)?" - asked DAILY....... he doesn't comprehend that she lives in her own house and has her own parents
  • "Daddy is a GOOD man" - I love this one
  • "Daddy is the money-maker!" - I have mixed feelings on this one... ha!
  • "No pour water on my head. I cry" said every effin time he has a bath.  My children hate to be clean.
Ahhhh Luke...... you are such a sweet, sweet boy........ I love you to pieces!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

My favorite is stil "Nuohhhhh" drawn out with a smile...or "Okay" quickly when he's agreeable to something.

Mom