I am enjoying a cup of coffee and a moment to collect my thoughts. A post/picture has been going around Facebook and Instagram that reads something along these lines:
"If you'd like a glimpse inside a woman's mind, imagine a browser open with 2,000 tabs.... all the time..."
It's so true. At least for me. I am always thinking of a zillion things at one time. I am always planning a zillion things at one time. I am constantly looking at today and fast forward into the future and planning, planning, planning...
This can be a really, really good trait. It can also be effing exhausting. But, it is who I am. Who I have always been. Who I will always be.
It's really good for those around me. People should really appreciate me more. ;-) My family in particular. More so my husband! When you have a built in planner in your house... you have very little to worry about.
That said - even a planner wants something planned FOR HER from time to time. But that needs to be said and not assumed....
I digress. Moral of my story is my mind is very much on overload today as I am home with one sick child and one very active, but happy to entertain himself (and for this, I am so thankful) and so I am thinking, thinking, thinking.
With thinking comes planning... and thinking some more.
We are at that turning point in the year.... school is ending and summer is beginning. Final summer arrangements are not made for the kids for the days I work this summer, and that stresses me out BIG TIME. But, I am working on it....
What we do have... are a lot of plans for activities it seems. Ally will be in the gym Tuesdays and Wednesday from 8:00 am - noon. And Thursday from noon until 2:00 pm. She has camp at CMU the last week in June... right after we return from our family vacation to Kiawah Island in South Carolina. She will also have another "in house" day camp at our gym with the EMU gymnastics coach the first week in August.
Last year, Ally chose to only go to the gym two days a week and took one day for golf at the club. This year, as gymnastics is becoming her passion, she won't give up a day in the gym... so she is dropping golf. That's fine by me. Luke may or may not start golf this year. We are back and forth on it. He also needs swim lessons, but those are more difficult to coordinate if we want them to be at the club... so we shall see.
Luke is likely going to take a gymnastics class that is right after Ally's on Thursdays as well. Maybe. Again.... I am not sure yet!
I have been given some crap for all that Ally does and all that Luke does NOT do. This kinda pisses me off... cuz at the age of FIVE, Ally did not do that much at all. She was not into gymnastics yet. She tried soccer and let's just say, it was an epic failure.... but for the most part.... she didn't do much.
I have always worked and my kids have always gone to day care or preschool at least two or three days a week. It's not like he doesn't have structured activity in his life. Sports and craziness will come soon enough... I imagine after Kindergarten starts... the fliers will come home and he will start all sorts of things. Still.... I want to start to get him into some things that he shows interest in.
That said - lordy day - how will we do it? HAHA! Ally alone keeps us running. ;) I know it will all work out though. The power of the mom and mom friends and carpooling is pretty strong at our school. Very thankful for that.
So... today I am sitting here thinking, thinking, thinking about summer. And, as I look at a calendar... I am in awe that exactly TWO weekends once June starts have nothing on the calendar. Two! June through August - two weekends don't have something one of the days of the weekend. HAHAHA! I laugh at this. This is hilarious. Summer is going to fly.........
It always does....
To add to it all.... this past week, Ally was asked by the director of her dance studio.... to join their "mini company" next year in Jazz. Yes... that's right. I thought we might be done with dance..... but Ally does so enjoy it... and I've thought it's nice for her to have something fun and not competitive... but they are gonna go and make it competitive for her. :-))))))))))
Of course, all this was said in front of her... and she came home on cloud nine... telling me "I feel so special that I was asked Mommy".... so how does one say "NO?"
I suppose your mouth makes the N and then, the O sound and you say it..... :-))))))) But whatevs.... I am not likely to.
I was pretty demanding in return... stating Allys gym schedule and told the director if she could accomodate that.... promise me one night a week in the studio and no interfere with meets... we could talk. The next morning, I received a detailed email meeting all my demands. Can't argue with that huh.
So.... this summer, Ally will take some sporadic private and semi private dance lessons.
I really don't mind terribly much. I like a scheduled summer for the most part. Now and then, we will chill... but once your kids are in school.... routine and schedule keep the sanity. At least in my house... and for my family.
So... dance. And gymnastics for Ally this summer. Some vacation time for all of us. Some get aways for Scott and I. Lots of birthday parties and nights out with friends. Graduation parties. A visit from Scott's brother for cousin week. A great summer to look forward to. I freakin' love summer.
We have had an amazing spring thus far. Ally's competitive gymnastics season ended. She ended the year medaling on beam at States. It was so amazing. She medaled the week before on bars at a meet as well. Great end to her season. We went to a Taylor Swift concert and stayed in Detroit with friends. It was an awesome night and us big girls enjoyed it as much as the littles. I loved watching Ally's face... and listening to her sing. It was magical for both of us.
Luke is in his final weeks of school... he has his final preschool show and Kindergarten welcome mass next Friday. I am excited to see my little buddy sing on stage for the first time at his show. He's not had anything like that yet. Should be cute. :)))))
This weekend we are going to a wine/beer tasting event with Jane and Adam.... Looking forward to some adult time sans kids. Other than that.... I have a couple Stella shows in the next week.... and Memorial Day is around the corner. The pool will open... and we will be happy.
Welcome summer. We've missed you so!!!!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
I am happy for you...and Ally and Luke and Scott...all seems to be in harmony....
Post a Comment