Dear Glennon,
My son is 3 1/2 and goes to preschool at a church. Recently, I found out that a fellow preschool mom has cancer. Bad cancer. Liver cancer. She is a single-mom with two beautiful boys, 3 and 13. We live in a working-class town where people work very hard for little pay. I also learned that she is taking a trial medication that costs $7k a month! This is not covered by any insurance a
My son is 3 1/2 and goes to preschool at a church. Recently, I found out that a fellow preschool mom has cancer. Bad cancer. Liver cancer. She is a single-mom with two beautiful boys, 3 and 13. We live in a working-class town where people work very hard for little pay. I also learned that she is taking a trial medication that costs $7k a month! This is not covered by any insurance a
s it is a "trial" med. This med is working...she is living. Praise God!
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! $7k! I about fell out of my seat when I read this. Who can afford this? But who can't afford it, when they are fighting to watch their children grow up, to live LIFE...to LIVE!!
So immediately, without hesitation, I wrote a message to the teacher and said that my family would love to contribute to her son's tuition bill. See, we are not rich. We live moderately on one-income so I can raise my babies at home.
But then I thought bigger...MONKEE bigger...and wrote a letter to all the parents asking for help to pay ALL of the tuition EVERY month. I was nervous...then I started to second-guess myself....but I swallowed my fear and I sent the letter home today in the kid's "take-home" folder as I could sneak it in anonymously today as I worked. After I had been home ONE HOUR the teacher wrote me and shared this his November tuition was already paid in FULL. DONE. PAID. TODAY!!!
The tuition is not a lot. But it is something. If we can keep this up and pay it all through next May...it is one less thing this Momma has to worry about. I wish I could be there every month when the teacher says "No thank you, Z's tuition is covered already".
God bless this beautiful Momma and her boys. Thank you Monkees for inspiring me to be more. To do more. Tears are streaming down my face as I type - tears of gratitude and happiness that I made a difference today.
Did I mention I have never met her?
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! $7k! I about fell out of my seat when I read this. Who can afford this? But who can't afford it, when they are fighting to watch their children grow up, to live LIFE...to LIVE!!
So immediately, without hesitation, I wrote a message to the teacher and said that my family would love to contribute to her son's tuition bill. See, we are not rich. We live moderately on one-income so I can raise my babies at home.
But then I thought bigger...MONKEE bigger...and wrote a letter to all the parents asking for help to pay ALL of the tuition EVERY month. I was nervous...then I started to second-guess myself....but I swallowed my fear and I sent the letter home today in the kid's "take-home" folder as I could sneak it in anonymously today as I worked. After I had been home ONE HOUR the teacher wrote me and shared this his November tuition was already paid in FULL. DONE. PAID. TODAY!!!
The tuition is not a lot. But it is something. If we can keep this up and pay it all through next May...it is one less thing this Momma has to worry about. I wish I could be there every month when the teacher says "No thank you, Z's tuition is covered already".
God bless this beautiful Momma and her boys. Thank you Monkees for inspiring me to be more. To do more. Tears are streaming down my face as I type - tears of gratitude and happiness that I made a difference today.
Did I mention I have never met her?
Glennon contacted Kristen and asked if she could post this to her Facebook wall. Kristen was texting me all day.... she was hysterical, giddy and thrilled just to be "chatting" with Glennon. Little did she know the impact her letter was about about to make on some lives. We shouldn't be surprised anymore though. This is Glennon we are talking about. Girl can do some amazing shit.
I sat and read the post... read the comments come in... the likes increase exponentially. Tears of joy, pride, and happiness rolled down my face as I followed FB craziness that ensued.
Now, Glennon is raising money to help. Of course she is. She is Glennon. :-)
If you go to her main page, and click on the little Monkey button in the upper right corner, you can make a difference in this mama's life. Right here. In Jackson, Michigan. WOW!
Glennon's presence is felt right here in our back yard. How blessed are we???
1 comment:
amazing.
Post a Comment