Yes, times have gotten better since Penny's passing. Ally was sad to the point of inconsolable for a few days. She had some amazing friends rally around and try to cheer her up. One of her friends, who has three guinea pigs of her own, sincerely wanted to give Ally one of hers. Ally's response was one of such maturity that I was moved to tears again. She thanked her friend Chloe, but went on to say that it was maybe something they could talk about in a month or so. She needed to think about it and essentially, she wanted time to mourn Penny.
I was proud of her mature response. Her desire to see through the sorrow. To not replace the loss with something else so quickly. How many adults can say they have the capacity to do that. I love that Ally amazes me at times with her emotional intelligence.
We have had some good, good times lately.... A couple weekends ago, I enjoyed a girls night away at Duck Lake with my sis in law and girlfriends. We had some drinks, laughs, girl talk and I even got some Project Life-ing done! I was very proud of my efforts!!! I came home that Saturday and we went to the Lumen football game with friends.... and afterward, Ally and Luke had a little sleepover with our friends, the Manchesters. This was Luke's very first sleepover NOT with family. In fact, his first sleepover was with five girls. :-))))) His sister and one of her friends, a second grade girl and a middle school girl. The boy knows how to get all the ladies!!!! He has a very special relationship with Anna, our friends oldest daughter... and she adores him to pieces. The kids stayed the night, because us grown ups had a bright and early tee time for a JCMS golf fundraiser the next day. Yes, I golfed 18 holes. It was a lot of fun!!! Just for fun... good friends, good drinks, good times. And Fireball too!
Last week was uneventful... in a good way. Work, school, and events each night as always. Monday night, when I was at dance with Ally, I get a text from Scott that he has scored Tiger Playoff tickets for game one... which turned out to be Saturday night. Not only two tickets for us... but eight tickets.... so we gathered up our party peeps... made hotel reservations and headed to Motown for a good time, Tiger style! We had a blast at the game and out after. It was cold, but we bundled ourselves up.... and somehow it didn't seem so cold. Maybe because the Tigers won... and the atmosphere was so amazing! Just an overall great night. I love, love, love when Scott plans a night out like that! The best kind!
We returned home on Sunday and when we got home, Luke found his Halloween costume from last year..... he had to put it on since we were watching the Tigers... he didn't take it off the rest of the night... and has decided he wants to be called "Sammy the Tiger." He would even yell at you if you didn't refer to him as such, stating "I am not LUKIE!" Nice. ;-)

He can be such a crazy kid sometimes. He is fighting a minor cold right now. You would never know it by day, he's not congested or anything, but he is coughing a bit at night. I hope he bounces right out of it. I had my suspicions when he fell asleep last week watching TV... and then, again yesterday. But, he did have a sleepover with Grandma Saturday night too. Tired Tiger.
Ally and I played a rousing game of Monopoly last night. I love when I can take the time to devote hours of time to the kids.... or to her specifically. Goes a long way. Hard to ignore the ever growing list of "need to do's" sometimes... but time with others is always a must do! Luckily, I have an amazing hubby who accomplished some housecleaning while I did that. I am a lucky girl!
Recovering today.... tired from a crazy, full weekend. We had gone out with friends and the kids Friday night too (Hunt Club instead of the Lumen game cuz it was raining), and before leaving for the Tiger game Saturday, we squeezed in our family picture session. Which did not go so well as the kids were so freakin' uncooperative. They hate pictures! Ugh. Always worth it in the end though... no matter how painful. This Momma wants her pictures!!
Can't wait to see how they turned out!



1 comment:
It sounds like Ally has a really sweet friend offering up a guinea pig, but what a grown up choice Ally made, too.
Way to go Scott for making such awesome plans.
Luke looks adorable in his Tiger costume.
Post a Comment