Thursday, October 11, 2012

Getting it off my chest....

So, the other day, someone gave me ten kinds of shit for blogging. For the fact that I have a blog.  The fact that my blog post (about Penny in particular) was so long.

It was because the link was posted to Facebook via Networked blogs.  It was a mistake that it happened. I really don't want my blog posts going to Facebook.  Case in point... some random person, found their way to my blog and I don't need them here, reading. Obviously they can't be nice.

(I have since then, appropriately removed this auto-post feature)

Just because something is posted to my wall doesn't mean you HAVE to click on it and read it. When you do begin to read it, and find yourself thinking "wow this is too long" how about you click your way right out of it and move the ef on?

Annoyed.  Totally annoyed.

Doubly annoyed cuz that was a kind of emotional day around here and I think it's pure BS that you can't see or understand that.  Really?

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all..... I like to follow this rule, but.... I will go on anyway....

So, I get shit for blogging.  Exact words said to me "If you have that kind of time on your hands...."

BEST PART... wait for it.... in a later conversation, this person talked to a bunch of people about SEVERAL reality TV shows.

So let me get this straight.  You have time for hours of reality TV.  I blog now and then (and let me mention, I write and type FAST so it takes me MINUTES not hours to write a post)... and I am getting made fun of for using my time in THIS way?

Now, I will never make fun of or judge someone for decompressing the best way they can or know how. If you want to watch some smut TV... more power to you!  I know it can be great to zone out and do just that.

Just watch what you say to others about what they choose to do with their time.  I can throw it back just as well as I can take your shit, but I usually choose not to because I don't think it's always in anyone's best interest.

This blog allows me to vent sometimes... so I don't blow up in your face over this.

I appreciate this little space for doing just that... oh, and the wonderful little opportunity it gives me to document my life and my kids.

Don't like it?  Get off my page.

Thanks.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Well said....

kwimsatt said...

What a gift this blog is for yourself and your children. I know that one day, years from now, A will read that post about Penny (and many others) and be so damn grateful that her mom cared SO much for her feelings and for her broken heart. She will be so overwhelmed and thankful that you are her mom and you love her THAT much. You are amazing, *&*$# that guy...lol

Nicole said...

But they had the time to read your blog and then criticize? Screw 'em! You should never feel guilty for blogging or scrapping. They're time filling activities that preserve memories. Watching reality tv? Not so much.