Monday, June 8, 2009

No Time to Blog...

I'm sorry I suck so bad at updating my blog lately. It's not like nothing is going on in my life. Maybe TOO many things are going on in my life. Some of which I just don't want to share I guess. Not a bad thing.... it's just how it is right now. So, you'll have to excuse me if the blogging is few and far between!

Everyone has been sick in the past week. It started last Wedensday when I got a call from my mother-in-law that Luke had a fever of 102. Off the doctor we went! Nothing wrong that you could get drugs for. Viral infection.... so just keep the tyelonol flowing. Then, Scott got it, then, I got it. It's hard to know or say if Ally ever had it. It's just a cold with body aches, but the cough if the worst. It's a chest cold of sorts with a fever and dry, hacking cough. Scott is still coughing pretty bad. I'm still feeling a bit achy and off. Could not sleep well last night at all and Luke is still not sleeping well. Just exhausted mostly!!!!

I despise summer/spring colds. Just hate them! It's just not RIGHT to have a cold this time of year....

We had a wedding this past weekend for a friend and co-worker of mine... up in Clarkston. It was an absolutely gorgeous wedding!!!!!! We had a really nice, adult night out drinking with friends... and felt a little guilt leaving a sick baby behind, but he was better for the sitter (my fabulous cousin Becky) than he is usually for us... so it all seemed to go just fine.

Last week at work was INSANELY busy for me as I am preparing to submit comments on a proposed reporting rule for greenhouse gases, as proposed by the EPA. It's been a lot of work, reading and reporting on a 1200 plus page rule... but the end is drawing near and that is something to be proud of! And, wicked happy to have behind me!

This is Ally's last week of school. Wow! How is it possible that she is finishing Kindergarten?? I think she will miss school a great deal. It should be interesting to see how the summer goes. We had so many disciplinary problems with her last summer. I hope that we don't have a repeat of that! I am hoping between Y Camp and other day camps that we hope to enroll her in, we can keep her busy and challenged. She gets angry when she gets bored I think. Kinda like someone else I know. :-) (for the slow ones out there... that would be me)

Luke is Luke. Little pain in the ass... sweet as can be... all those things boys are rolled into one. Yesterday, we had a lazy "mom is too sick to do anything and dad is at the Tiger game" kind of day. Luke and Ally had a lot of togetherness. Maybe too much. At one point, Luke was brushing Ally's hair... then, all of the sudden, he was beating her with the hair brush. OUCH! I heard her head crack all the way across the room! Then, Ally and he were playing on my bed (yes, I was still in it - lazy) and Luke "accidentally" fell off. This, after the head whacking with the hair brush. I'm not placing blame here... but Ally may have given him a gentle shove off the side. Who can blame her? No harm done... Luke barely shed a tear. He knew he deserved that one! ;-)

During Luke's naps yesterday, Ally complained that she wished he was up so they could play. Then, as soon as he would wake up, she would complain that she can't do anything with him around... he steals her toys... eats her crayons... ruins her art projects. Ya can't win with that girl sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well..... we made it through the day........ that's all you can ask for sometimes. Survival. It's all about survival!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Girl, is your family ALWAYS sick? LOL! Hope you're all feeling better soon!

Kathy said...

I hope things start perking up for you...summmer, warm weather, no colds and wonderful kids!!!!
Love to everyone
Mom