Thursday, January 31, 2013

Where Did January Go?

So.... here we are at the last day of January and for the life of me, I have no idea where it went!?!  I feel like just last week we had Christmas... and the rest has just been a blur!

A lot of people talk about how down they get when Christmas ends... the end of the fun holiday season leaves them with little to look forward to but far too many months of winter and cold.  I don't really feel that way when it comes to the close of that season, and I think the busyness of my January has a lot to do with it.  Scott's birthday rolls around on Jan. 16 and then Ally's on the 25th. There is too much to think about and plan to really mourn the loss of Christmas.  And, well, I'm not much of a mourner anyway.  Definitely a forward looking girl here.  :-)

Anyway.... January brought with it a lot of excitement. We celebrated Scott's birthday with a family dinner at home... and a crazy night out with friends the Friday after.  Ally had her first gymnastics meet of the season.  We celebrated Ally's birthday with a family dinner at home and she had a couple friends sleepover.  Her "friend" birthday party is coming up this weekend at a local bowling alley. She has 13 girls coming to celebrate with her. Should be crazy.  I will need a drink. Truth.

And now.. we have February - the short month - looming in front of us.  Ally has another meet up in Holland at the end of the month and we are going to stay up there for the weekend and make a little winter get away out of it. Scott and I have a Marriage Matters date night the week of Valentines Day. I have the Maroon Five concert with some girlfriends.  And of course, we have the weekly activities of daily life.  :-)

I am starting the second month of my new job and it still doesn't feel like work for a minute. I am absolutely loving what I am doing.... and getting so much out of it.  I guess this is what they mean when they say when you are doing what you are supposed to be doing - it doesn't feel like work at all.  I know it's still early and new... but there's just something all around amazing about the environment in which I work and the higher purpose I serve for a lot of people. I am just really pleased with the turn of events my career has taken. Who knew I would end up in such a place. Life has a way of leading us where we are meant to be... if we just listen!

The last member of our family is finally getting regularly adjusted. Scott is making his three times a week appointments regularly and I am so happy and proud of him.  Luke has no issue with the adjustments now and as a result is a healthy little man. Ally has always handled them like a pro.  It's so wonderful to have a practitioner I can go to that helps keep Ally healthy all over with what gymnastics does to her little body. She regularly gets her ankle adjusted and he helped with her hand when she jammed it.  No medical intervention necessary. Just realignment, ice and rest.

Our family is embracing a healthy lifestyle all around. Both Scott and I have established weekly workout routines that we have stuck to and are loving.  Scott spins at least 4 times a week.  It's crazy with men... his body changed instantly. Men suck.  ;-)  I am working out three times a week with a girlfriend (key for me!) at the Club's gym. We start our workout with half hour of cardio (elliptical usually) and then rotate our weight routine. Arms Monday.... back/shoulders Wednesday and legs Friday.  I really look forward to our workouts and find that I wish I could get on something cardio-wise the days we don't go!  I would also like to give spinning another try.... Scott's results are inspiring!

We have always been pretty good eaters around here... but we are refocusing on that as well.  Scott is juicing regularly as am I. He is in charge of the juicer and we are drinking one green and one fruit juice a day.... on weekends we increase it to three.  Scott is trying to keep his animal protein to once a day - I'm not doing as well there but haven't really tried either.  He's really been rocking and feeling great!

In addition, we are all adding essential oils to our lives. My mother in law and I went to a class at Divinity and are trying to walk that path!  I am a huge believer in anything that isn't conventional healthcare lately. ;-) I will try not to get too preachy about it though.  Remember, if I recommend something for you and your family, I am really not saying it's better... just trying to show you there can be other ways and you can end the cycle of sickness and drug dependence in your world.

I will say this:  I strongly believe that every side effect you experience in your body has a core reason.  For me once upon a time, I had migraines. I was drugged needlessly for years and I have GREAT resentment for it.  All a good doctor had to do was take me off birth control. My hormones were whack.  Instead they gave me a zillion drugs and took years of my life. I will forever be grateful to the good doctor at Henry Ford who figured it out and saved me.  Ally had ear infections for a year. I detested those months she spent on antibiotics and  knew in my heart there was a reason. We allergy tested her. She was allergic to milk and eggs. I completely eliminated all trace of such things in her diet. She has never had an ear infection again.  Ear infections are a sign that your immune system is weak.  It's a side effect of the common cold that her body should have been able to fight off but it was too busy fighting off the food that was attacking her.

These are my real stories.  You need less drugs and antibiotics than you think. Once you end the cycle for you and your kids... you will just experience health. True story.

Okay, my rant is really over now.  Have just been reflecting on a lot lately. In my world I see this all the time now.  I just want to share and help others.... in a way that makes them accept it and not seemed turned off by it.  That's a hard thing to do. People think your crazy sometimes.  I'm okay with crazy.  Not everyone is.  ;-)

I have really only had one cup of coffee today. Swear it!  My grandma is going to totally make fun of me like she did when I shared my lymph cleansing techniques.  I still dry brush my skin grandma! I need to jump on the trampoline more though. :-)))))))))))


1 comment:

Chrystal said...

I love this post. Totally agree with getting to the bottom of a health issue and not just treating symptoms!