Taking a few moments cuz my Grandma was about to report me to missing persons. ;-)
I am alive! I am well!! I am great! I promise. We are in our third week of summer break! Ally went to gymnastics camp last week! Sunday through Thursday up at Central Michigan. She loved every moment of it. She learned new skills! She can now do a back walkover on beam, a double back handspring on floor and a front tuck on floor. She is amazing. The girl amazes me every day.
Today at gymnastics class in town, she started working on her back handspring to back tuck on floor. She loves it. She is happy to get up to be at the gym two or three days a week during her summer vacation. I love that she has this passion. I just want my kids to be passionate about things... anything will do... but something like this, even better! Keeps her active and happy. Good stuff.
The kids have a sitter come on Mondays.... and they adore her. Today they spent the afternoon with Jen at the pool and a bunch of other friends were there with them too. They are so happy. My friend Brook shot me a text that read "Glad we work so our kids can enjoy the pool! LOL" I actually really agree..... I love that we can give our kids that. Four hours of gymnastics, pool time... Ally will be good and tired tonite. Love summer days.
Ally is playing golf again this summer. Going to day camp on Wednesdays and taking golf then. Luke is going to join her at camp this week as we are giving my in-laws the week off. Jane, Adam and the kids are out of town, so we hired Jen for another day and decided to try Luke at camp!
We are going away this weekend.... just Scott and I.... to Chicago... our delayed anniversary trip. We are going to two concerts... Joe Purdy and David Gray. Cannot wait. Staying on Michigan Ave. Shopping. Eating. Drinking. Concert going. Seeing friends. It's a whole weekend of heaven. Kid free heaven. Date nights three nights in a row. We deserve it and need it!!!!!
Luke is also taking a gymnastics class here in Concord. He loves it.... and it's adorable!!!!! Just an hour... all boys class at the same time Grace has her class... so they warm up together, then break off. He's really doing well in it. I like continuing what he learned to be in school... independent and learning to spread his wings!
Ally spent some time yesterday.... wait for it.... getting things around for school next year. The girl has been out three weeks and she says she could go back. ;-) That's my social butterfly. The week after school let out, even Luke said he wanted to go back. I know they miss the kids... the routine... the fun parts. She still doesn't miss the homework. Neither do I!
It has really been a busy summer so far.... just how I like it. We are on the go almost every day. I work a few days and the kids fill their days with fun. We are so blessed to have a great sitter, Nana and Papa and the club. We go to the pool anytime we have some free moments. My kids just love to swim.... and get food at the snack bar.
Luke has been making noise about playing tennis. He really wants to learn how to play. It's cute. He's old enough for lessons, they just aren't at convenient times. It's moments like this I wish I stayed home. But, then I remember.... we couldn't afford a club membership if I did.... so hi ho, hi ho..... ;-)
Also, come Sunday night, I am ready for three days of work and the break from my kids. Not gonna lie.
I do have pictures and videos and all sorts of good stuff.... so I am going to upload some randomly. No rhyme or reason... no time for such organization. Enjoy and I will try to update as often as I can!!!!
Happy, happy summer!!!!
Looking back on this snippet, I am reminded that we live the crap out of life.... since I have last really wrote, we have gone to Traverse City for a family shower, Luke has gotten a new bike, the kids had end of school events and lots of them, Ally went to camp, we started our summer schedule, Ally started golf, Luke started gymnastics, I have had some great nights out with girlfriends, wine tastings, and nights out with my hubby and a weekend to come. Life. Is. Good.

3 comments:
Is the photo of Luke with his teacher? What is her name...she looks so familar.
Nika...you are right...I was worried but did check obits (haha)could have called but you beat me to it...I'm glad it is only business keeping you off net...for me it's only babysitting, casinoing, checking blog and MLive for obits...that's what you do at 79...making sure my friends are alive and not on "file"...love you Baci
Enjoy Nina...enjoy! And yes, Life is Good!!!! Thanks Lord, for everything!!!!!!
Post a Comment