Thursday, July 9, 2009

Summer Travels

I love to travel. Love it like nothing else. I don't sit still well. Never have. Never will...... and in the past couple days... I have learned of some more opportunities for me to do what I love to do best........

Yesterday, Scott forwarded me a note from his boss... he had requested "permission" to attend a training in Boston.... and his boss's reply was "of course... but only if you take Nicole." I LOVE IT!

So... we are going to Boston in August....... this will be the week BEFORE our annual trip to the Outer Banks (North Carolina) with Scott's family and the week AFTER I go to Chicago for a long weekend for some S Factor and a very good friend's birthday party/welcome home bash.

I am so excited!!!!!!

We have already gone to Denver this summer... and this weekend we are going for a long weekend to South Haven. It is so wonderful to be on the go... exploring new places and seeing new things. Denver was an adult trip. This weekend we are taking the kids. Chicago will be girls only... Boston, just Scott and I... then Hatteras will be family. It's a nice blend of alone time and time with the kids.... just perfect!

I am busy planning things to do and see in Boston! I have been there before, but Scott has not. It is an awesome city! I have a friend from high school there... and we are going to get together. My days will be my own to lounge, read, spa and shop while Scott is in class. Then we can go out to eat fabulous places every night. Heaven....... can't beat a nice ass hotel paid for by your company! :-)

On top of all this..... my brother and sister in law will be having their baby sometime in late July or August... and we will be going to Baltimore to see them!

Love to be on the road..........

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so very lucky to be able to do all these things at your age...I am just starting to be able to do them now!!!! Enjoy!!!!

Unknown said...

Daryl and I are going to Boston in August too! When are you going to be there? We're going to see the Tigers (of course!) and I'm not sure what else but I've never been so I'm looking forward to it.