I have been a huge blog slacker lately. I was just reading Nicole's blog about how she hasn't blogged since Thursday... and for me, it's been like two weeks! OOPS!!!
I really do apologize! Things have been busy. Busy at work. Busy at home. Busy in the in-between!!!! Sometimes, sitting down to write or type is the last thing I want to do or have time for! I feel like I'm running around, in a manic state, most days as it is!
So.... what has been going on since I last wrote???? This past weekend, my mom came for a visit from Las Vegas... and my brother, David, and sister in law, Mary came in from Maryland. They were here because I was giving Mary a baby shower... because David and Mary are due to have a little girl this August!!!! I am going to be an Aunt... again!
Friday, everyone arrived at our house... and we had a nice dinner at home. Caught up and tried to have a low key evening of chatting and enjoying our time together... which is far too limited. Saturday, I had about 20 ladies and a few gentlemen over for the shower! Saw LOTS more family I don't get to see enough... and generally enjoyed the day so much! I was absolutely exhausted Saturday night... and passed out pretty early! Sunday, we spent the afternoon with my mom over at my grandma's house... and once again... saw more family. It was a family-filled weekend... a whirlnd trip for all!
Last night, David, Mary and I went through the last remaining baby stuff I had around the house. They took our old high chair... Baby Bjorn... Baby Hawk... Hotsling.... some gender neutral pajamas of Luke's (greens and yellows)... and lots and lots of baby toys Luke is just too old for. He likes to play with whatever Ally is playing with anyway... which lately consists of Barbie's. He tends to gravitate toward the dark, curly haired one lately. :-) But, I digress... the moral of the story is I got rid of more stuff... and I LOVE GETTING RID OF STUFF!!!!!!!!! It makes me CRAZY happy. I hate clutter... I hate stuff around my house. If I haven't used something for two weeks, I really do consider it to be garbage... :-)))))
I have like three pictures from the event... because mostly others were taking the pics... but some big group shots were taken with my camera. I will try to post them this evening... I know my mom is anxious to see them!
And, it might be an empty promise... but I really will try to keep up with the blogging... :-)
1 comment:
I am sad I didn't get to see Dave and Mary. Hopefully after the baby is born they will be back? :(
Post a Comment