Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Poor Little Man...

Luke has a horrid summer cold. Poor guy. He has the croupy horrid sounding cough.... a runny nose... and the worst diaper rash. :-( He's not sleeping well. So, I'm not sleeping well. I just feel awful for him.

Somehow, knock on wood, the rest of us are feeling okay so far... and I certainly hope it remains as such because I am going to Chicago on Thursday... and then, to Boston on Sunday. I need to be healthy for my travels!

I would like it better if Luke were healthy for my travels too. Hard to leave the little ones behind and enjoy yourself completely when you know they are home sick, and that someone (Dad in this case at least) is home caring for them. Scott is nothing if not super dad though, so it's not like he can't handle it or is incapable!

Luke is just trying to say all sorts of things lately... he's in full babble mode. He's started to say "kay" in addition to "no" when you ask him to do something...... ;-) It just used to be "no" all the freakin' time... then, one day out of the blue, I asked if he could put something away, and he said "kay" and did it! What a sweet boy.....

I am going to desperately try to upload some pictures this evening. I got a new camera!!!!! And have been playing with it a bit at home. I have some really cute pics of the kids to share. Luke's "funny faces." He does this series of funny faces all in a row. I swear to god, it's like Jim Carey. He makes a serious mean face where he squints his eyes and looks "down" at you... then, he smiles all big, then he makes an excited face, forming his mouth into an "o." You really have to watch it in action to get it... but it is freakin' hilarious!!!!!!!!!!! And you just never know when he's gonna pull this crap out....... what a crackup!

My whirlwind travels start this Thursday and I know some people think I'm crazy... but I LOVE IT! I will be in Chicago on Thursday and Friday, returning Saturday morning. Then, Scott and I will be in Boston next Sunday through Thursday. Then, we will be in the Outer Banks of North Carolina the following Sunday for a week........ I will be back at work August 31. More than two straight weeks OFF!!!!!! NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to work for a short week that week, then off to Baltimore to visit my brother, Mary and their new baby, Maggie! The kids and all will go for that long weekend trip... and my mom will be meeting us there from Vegas. We got the BEST deal for a flight $100!!!!! Roundtrip from Detroit to Baltimore. Can't beat it!

Good times........ I just realized.......... tons of time on the East Coast!

So, if I'm quiet for a while...... you know why!!!!

No comments: